1. Review of exam structure, task types. Placement test, speaking practice.
2. Speaking part 1 practice. Vocabulary: giving opinion. Grammar: tenses/active voice review.
3. Reading: exam strategies. Flow chart completion reading task.
4. Writing an essay: assessment criteria. Topical vocabulary: Architecture.
5. Listening task 1: strategies and practice. Reading: diagram labelling.
6. Vocabulary: Impersonal structures. Speaking practice task 1.
7. Vocabulary: Academic word list (1).
8. Vocabulary: giving reasons. Topical vocabulary: Arts. Speaking practice task 1.
9. Writing an essay: developing a clearly structured paragraph. Advantages and disadvantages essay. Reading: multiple-choice task.
10. Grammar: Passive voice review. Vocabulary: discourse markers.
11. Listening Part 2. Topical vocabulary: Business and Industry.
12. Speaking practice: task 2. Vocabulary: drawing attention to important data.
13. Writing focus: problems and solutions essay. Reading: table completion.
14. Grammar: modal verbs review. Vocabulary: paraphrasing.
15. Phrasal verbs (1). Topical vocabulary: Family, making a living.
16. Phrasal verbs (2). Reading strategies for True/False/Not given tasks.
17. Speaking practice: task 3. Vocabulary: referring to people.
18. Vocabulary: Academic word list (2).
19. Speaking practice: task 3: Positive and negative comments.
20. Grammar: Inversion. Listening practice.
21. Writing: opinion essays. Topical vocabulary: Crime and the law.
22. Mock exam 1 (1)
23. Mock exam 1 (2)
24. Mock exam: analysis. Topical vocabulary: education.
25. Grammar: Articles. Reading: locating information.
26. Vocabulary: Collocations (1). Listening task 3.
27. Speaking practice: all 3 tasks. Topical vocabulary: Personality.
28. Vocabulary: Collocations (2). Grammar: verb patterns.
29. Phrasal verbs (1). Speaking practice.
30. Phrasal verbs (2). Speaking practice.
31. Useful language: Making comparisons. Topical vocabulary: Work.
32. Reading: matching names and summary completion.
33. Vocabulary: Academic word list (3)
34. Grammar: Conditional sentences. Topical vocabulary: the Environment.
35. Writing task 1: Graphs with a trend. Useful language: expressing percentages, proportions and quantities.
36. Listening: Multiple choice. Speaking: giving a coherent talk, structuring the talk.
37. Idioms (1). Grammar: Clauses.
38. Idioms (2). Reading: sentence completion.
39. Writing task 1: Comparative graphs. Reading: Yes/No/Not given task.
40. Vocabulary: Contrasting facts and ideas. Topical vocabulary: Food and diet.
41. Vocabulary: Collocations (2). Writing practice: comparative graphs.
42. Reading: selecting two answers from multiple choice. Speaking task 2 practice.
43. Vocabulary: Academic word list (4).
44. Vocabulary: Academic word list: Credit.
45. Grammar: Reported speech. Topical vocabulary: Geography.
46. Mock exam 2 (1).
47. Mock exam 2 (2).
48. Mock exam: analysis. Topical vocabulary: global problems.
49. Writing task 1: describing a Process.
50. Grammar: hypothetical meaning. Writing task 1 practice.
51. Writing task 1: Describing a map. Topical vocabulary: Healthcare and medicine.
52. Reading: matching sentence endings, matching paragraph headings. Topical vocabulary: Mass Media.
53. Writing task 1: graph review. Useful language: talking about numbers as they get bigger or smaller. Topical vocabulary: Money and finance.
54. Listening strategies: Map labelling, multiple matching.
55. Speaking practice parts 1 and 2.
56. Speaking practice part 3. Topical vocabulary: Science and technology.
57. Speaking practice: Credit.
58. Writing practice: essay (1). Topical vocabulary: Sport.
59. Writing practice: essay (2). Topical vocabulary: City life /Country life.
60. Vocabulary: Making general statements. Topical vocabulary: Travel.
61. Review of strategies for reading. Speaking practice.
62. Final mock exam (1).
63. Final mock exam (2).
64. Final mock exam: analysis. Exam strategies, dealing with stress at exam.